Pai Gow Poker is based on the Oriental game of Domino's. The game was given a makeover and is now a favourite online casino table game. Play the American version of the classic Asian game right here at Casino-Mate online casino. The visuals in this online card game are well designed. There is a nice blend of colours that gives that authentic casino feel to the game. The table layout is not congested, allowing for smooth and seamless gameplay.
Pai Gow Poker is played with a 53-card deck and is played against the banker. At the beginning of the game all cards are shuffled. The banker deals seven piles of cards with seven cards each. This is done regardless of the number of players on the table. The piles of cards are then distributed to all the players in an anti-clockwise manner starting with a randomly selected player.
The aim of the game is to create two hands that are better than the banker’s hands. A high hand is created which has 5 cards and a second-high hand which has 2 cards. The hands are rated in almost the same way that traditional poker hands are rated.
To win the game, the player has to make two hands that are of higher value than the banker’s hands. If both the player’s hands are better than the banker’s hands, the player wins. When only one of the hands wins, the bet pushes. If the banker wins both hands the player loses. The player also loses when one of the hands ties.
The joker acts like a wild card, but does not complete all hands. It is only capable of completing a straight, flush, straight flush and a royal flush. When it is among other cards in a hand, it is only counted as an Ace.
The only hands a joker wild may complete are the following ranked hands from highest to lowest payout value:
• Five of a kind: Four Aces plus the joker card completes this top paying hand.
• Royal flush: A hand with 10, J, Q, K, all from the same suit.
• Straight flush: Any sequence of cards from the same suit.
• Flush: Any five cards from the same suit.
• Straight: Any five cards in a sequence, from any suits.
• Know how to play with a two pair: If your initial hand has a two pair, make sure you place the highest-ranking pair into the five-card hand.
• Know what to do without a pair: Always place the highest-ranking card with your five-card hand. Then make your second and third ranked card your second two-card hand.
• Play free Pai Gow: Playing Pai Gow Poker for free will allow you to practice these tips and perfect them. Remember this is a game of skill as well as luck, so it is not possible to win every round. Prepare yourself for this by playing for free before betting real money.
Get the highest payout offered on Pai Gow Poker of 25,000 credits by getting a hand with five aces. Enjoy this strategy based game of chance that has become a casino favourite here at Casino-Mate online casino.