Play Our Spanish Blackjack Variation for Free
Spanish Blackjack has been developed from the traditional form of the blackjack game. However, it offers a unique modern twist. This variation of blackjack, found at Casino-Mate is played with 48 cards as opposed to a standard 52-deck of cards. The removal of the ten cards increases the house edge and offers additional bonus advantages. This variation of blackjack tends to offer a slight advantage to players as well.
There are many differences between traditional blackjack and Spanish Blackjack. The main differences being that a player’s hand of 21 will always beat the dealer’s hand of 21 and a dealer having the option to either hit or stand on a soft 17. These are only two of many different rule changes.
Unique Rules for Spanish Blackjack
While Spanish Blackjack follows traditional blackjack rules, there are a few unique rules added:
- This variation of the game is played with 48 playing cards with the removal of tens.
- Surrenders are permitted.
- Players are allowed to double after splitting.
- Re-splitting of aces is permitted with players having the choice to hit or double down after splitting them.
- Players are able to double on any number and then surrender after doubling.
- A player’s hand of 21 beats the dealer’s hand of 21.
- The dealer is allowed to hit on a soft 17.
How to play Spanish Blackjack
The object of the game is still to beat the dealer’s hand by getting a hand total equal to or less than 21. Going over 21 still results in a bust.
- To start the round, players need to wager their bets.
- The dealer will then deal the cards to the player first then himself.
- The dealer will see if the player or he/she has blackjack. If someone does have blackjack, the round will end with the person who has blackjack winning. If no-one has blackjack the round will continue with players making a decision on what they would like to do.
- Players have the option to hit, stand, double down, split, surrender, or play an insurance bet. As soon as the player stands, the software will take over to play the dealer’s hand.
- The hands will then be revealed to see who has the higher hand to win the round. It’s that simple!
Online Blackjack with a Spanish Twist
Spanish Blackjack is still played much in the same way as the classic card game of blackjack. This makes the Spanish Blackjack variant easy to grasp and understand. One thing players will definitely want to grasp and get their hands on are the magnificent bonuses in this variation of blackjack:
- A five-card hand equalling 21 pays out 3:2.
- A six-card hand totalling of 21 will pay out 2:1.
- Seven or more cards with a total of 21 will pay out a huge 3:1
Strategy for Spanish Blackjack
A standard blackjack strategy chart would not work when playing Spanish Blackjack. This is due to the removal of all the 10 cards. These cards would normally be highly beneficial in getting a blackjack or beating the dealer. However. for those who want to win bigger payouts, they’ll be aiming to get five to seven or more cards equalling 21 for the bonus payout.
Spanish Blackjack Glossary
- Blackjack: The highest possible hand attainable in the game. It consists of receiving an ace and 10 in the first two cards dealt.
- Bust: Bust is a hand that exceeds a total of 21.
- Double: This when a player doubles their initial wager and receives an additional card.
- Hit: A hit allows players to receive as many additional cards without additional expenses.
- Hole Card: Hole cards form part of the dealer’s hand where one card to dealt facing up and the other facing down.
- Push: Push is when the players and dealer hand match.
- Split: Players can only split a hand when their first two cards dealt are the same.
- Stand: Players will stand when they are satisfied with their hand total.
- Surrender: Players have the option to surrender a round at the expense of half their initial bet.
- Late Surrender: Late surrender occurs after a hand has been dealt and the dealer has checked his hand for Blackjack.
- Early Surrender: Early surrender allows players to surrender their hand straight after it has been dealt.
More Variants of Online Blackjack at Casino-Mate
Try Out Spanish Blackjack Online at Casino-Mate
Spanish Blackjack is a very thrilling variation of blackjack. There are benefits for both the dealer and player, which makes it the ideal choice. Discover the challenging Spanish Blackjack variation at Casino-Mate.
Play Spanish Blackjack today at Casino-Mate to receive great sign-up bonuses. Casino-Mate offers great rewards for an epic gaming experience you won’t get anywhere else.